Fret not about coming economic and climate disasters. The good Reverend is coming to soothe your troubled soul and to preach the good news of Prop H and 100% clean energy for San Francisco.
REVEREND BILLY w/ Mike V.
This Wednesday, October 1st
Noe Valley Ministry
1201 Sanchez Street at 24th, San Francisco
Parking available. We encourage bikes and MUNI
$10 or pay what you can
Don't miss this family friendly event.
For more info on Prop h visit http://sfcleanenergy.org
And check out www.revbilly.com for more information about his California tour.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Hey Green Guerrilla Network
Lot's of excitement with the Prop H campaigning. Join in!
- CAKE will play a benefit concert for Prop H on Oct 10! Tickets go on sale today in 30 minutes and will likely sell out fast.
- Come precinct walk with us and win a FREE ticket and access to a pre-party with CAKE! For every precinct you walk you get an extra raffle ticket and increased odds for winning. This Saturday is our day to target swing districts with our beautiful & powerful new literature and window signs. Meet up at Global Exchange office (2017 Mission, cross is 16th) at 10 am on Saturday. Spread the word
. And drop me a line if you might make it, and let me know what type of bagel will motivate you. We have a great outreach plan and we need all of us to execute it!
- Brand new stickers mocking PG&E and promoting PG&E will be released to the public for Critical Mass this Friday! Meet up at 5:30 on Friday in front of the Noah's bagels store. After-mass-party and BBQ at the Sanchez office on Valencia and 21st. You in?!
- Come Party for Green Jobs & Prop H this Saturday! DJ Rizzo, Hip Hop Congress, Youth Speaks artists and lots more! A national day of action for green jobs must be celebrated in style. Check out the details!
- Prop H in the news... both good & bad. Great coverage on our groundbreaking climate opportunity via Prop H is popping up all over -- including Bill McKibben's video blog posting, the exposure of PG&E funding the and today's story quoting Green Guerrillas's exposure of PG&E's greenwashing via museum sponsorship. We may or may not hit up that event this weekend. There is a sad article in the AsianWeekly about "Chinese Community Says No to Prop H"- which clearly comes straight out of PG&E's PR office. PG&E pays people to blog and comment against this prop -- and we need volunteers like you, people who genuinely believe in the cause -- to counter. Let us know if you want to be part of the Rapid Response Media team.
- Aliza & Green Guerrillas Against Greenwash
P.S. If you can't make this Friday or Saturday but have other times available to help drop a line and we'd love to find a way to plug you in, so that you can be part of making history and passing the most dramatic climate policy to date!
Green Guerrillas Against Greenwash
"If you think mitigated climate change is expensive, try unmitigated climate change."
- Dr. Richard Gammon, University of Washington, on the steps of the US Congress, 6/28/99
"Campaign finance reform is climate protection."
- anonymous, 2007
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Well if you've been following our blog recently you've noticed we here are strong supports of San Francisco's proposed Prop H. We're doing our best to get the word out that this is a well written policy that will be the impetus for real change in SF's energy future.
We would love your help in the next two months to build the necessary momentum to get Prop H passed. PG$E has already spent $500,000 to fight this because they realize the danger it poses. Just imagine if local communities start to pass similar mandates that require their local governments to ensure that their power supply is coming completly from renewable sources within three decades. Well if we pass Prop H in SF then other communities will see that it's possible and they will begin to tire of PG$E's greenwash and their failure to even keep up with conservative State mandates.
PG$E is scared!!! They're scared that more and more communities will say no thank you to their nuclear and natural gas infrastructure. They're scared that people will begin to realize that PG$E is going to milk their old & dirty infrastructure for every last dime and that their marketing campaign to create a green image is just an attempt to give them more time to profit from dirty energy. They're scared that more and more people will begin to realize that PG$E is not the answer to our energy crises.
Please join us as we work to build a sustainable energy future for SF and in doing so make this city a beacon for other communities who are working to do the same.
If you would like to get involved please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you want to know more about Prop H, below are some good links to check out:
Clean Energy Act - Prop H
PG&E’s First Big Lies
Editorial, San Francisco Bay Guardian, August 6, 2008
SF Girds For Its Biggest Public Power Fight Yet
SF Chronicle article, September 3, 2008