1) Click here: http://www.marinij.com/index.html.
2) Vote "NO" to the "Daily Poll" question: "Should there be a countywide vote on the clean energy proposal?"
Background from Eric:
The Marin Independent Journal is polling to see if there is support to force a countywide vote on Community Choice. A countywide vote would enable PG&E to do just what it did with Prop H in San Francisco, spending millions to kill clean energy through a ballot attack. The Journal will publish the poll results just before a Monday Marin County Supervisors vote on Community Choice in order to pressure them to accept a countywide vote.
More Background in email below.
Marin Clean Energy (MCE) Supporters:
- It would allow PG&E, the IJ and other unprogressive voices (and their money) to dominate the discussion with sound-bite scare tactics, drowning out the careful deliberative process conducted by our elected officials with full public involvement for over a year.
- It would cost taxpayers at least $1,000,000 to conduct the voteand MCE supporters untold amounts to counteract the accompanying campaign of misinformationat the worst possible time for such wasteful spending.
- MCE already provides for individuals to "vote" on their own participation in the program by staying with PG&E if they choose to.