Hey Green Guerrilla Network
Lot's of excitement with the Prop H campaigning. Join in!
- CAKE will play a benefit concert for Prop H on Oct 10! Tickets go on sale today in 30 minutes and will likely sell out fast.
- Come precinct walk with us and win a FREE ticket and access to a pre-party with CAKE! For every precinct you walk you get an extra raffle ticket and increased odds for winning. This Saturday is our day to target swing districts with our beautiful & powerful new literature and window signs. Meet up at Global Exchange office (2017 Mission, cross is 16th) at 10 am on Saturday. Spread the word
. And drop me a line if you might make it, and let me know what type of bagel will motivate you. We have a great outreach plan and we need all of us to execute it!
- Brand new stickers mocking PG&E and promoting PG&E will be released to the public for Critical Mass this Friday! Meet up at 5:30 on Friday in front of the Noah's bagels store. After-mass-party and BBQ at the Sanchez office on Valencia and 21st. You in?!
- Come Party for Green Jobs & Prop H this Saturday! DJ Rizzo, Hip Hop Congress, Youth Speaks artists and lots more! A national day of action for green jobs must be celebrated in style. Check out the details!
- Prop H in the news... both good & bad. Great coverage on our groundbreaking climate opportunity via Prop H is popping up all over -- including Bill McKibben's video blog posting, the exposure of PG&E funding the and today's story quoting Green Guerrillas's exposure of PG&E's greenwashing via museum sponsorship. We may or may not hit up that event this weekend. There is a sad article in the AsianWeekly about "Chinese Community Says No to Prop H"- which clearly comes straight out of PG&E's PR office. PG&E pays people to blog and comment against this prop -- and we need volunteers like you, people who genuinely believe in the cause -- to counter. Let us know if you want to be part of the Rapid Response Media team.
- Aliza & Green Guerrillas Against Greenwash
P.S. If you can't make this Friday or Saturday but have other times available to help drop a line and we'd love to find a way to plug you in, so that you can be part of making history and passing the most dramatic climate policy to date!
Green Guerrillas Against Greenwash
"If you think mitigated climate change is expensive, try unmitigated climate change."
- Dr. Richard Gammon, University of Washington, on the steps of the US Congress, 6/28/99
"Campaign finance reform is climate protection."
- anonymous, 2007